For Your Information
Greenwich 2000 Limited (hereinafter referred to as
Greenwich2000), are developing the Greenwich2000 websites . You are the user of
this service, which is provided freely, and in good faith. Please see our legal
This is the Data Policy provided for your information:
Please note than any website can collect and analyse this
information and no special interrogation of your computer is necessary. We
provide this policy for your information and awareness. (All names are fictious and
used for illustration purposes only)
- When you arrive at the site the following information is
- Your "user address". This initially consists of a
series of numbers e.g. 123.456.123.456. This is converted to more meaningful
data which can consist of:
- Number only returned (I.E. no name data)
- Details of Internet Service Provider (ISP) (e.g.
- Geographical territory (e.g. 123456@ISP.co.uk or
123456@ISP.la.ca.us). From this data it is possible to determine
which geographical territory you are located - assuming that you are
dialling into a local provider.
- Organisational data (e.g. email@example.com or
firstname.lastname@example.org) This reveals that you may work or are a
student at a particular organisation.
- Personal data (e.g. fredbloggs@ISP.net.uk or
email@example.com) Some companies, educational
establishments and ISPs allocate fixed sessions to named individuals
some of which may relate to real or chosen names.
- How you arrived at the site. This might be:
- That you typed in the site address (URL) directly.
- That you arrived from a "book-mark" in
- That you have arrived from a link at another
(internal or external) site.
- The date and time you request each page. Time is also
specified as an offset from GMT.
- How much data was downloaded and if the transaction was
aborted and, if so, for what reason.
- The type of browser and the operating system used on your
system. Other details about your system may be obtained depending on
the information passed by the browser you are using.
This data is collected and retained for 2 purposes:
- The data may be passed on to advertisers or advertising
agencies so that targeted advertising can be provided to you.
- The data will be analysed for marketing purposes to improve
the quality of information provided and the target audience viewing the
site. It is the intention to monitor overall trends and statistics and there
is no intention to provide "data mining" facilities so that
individuals and their behaviour can be monitored unless such information is
required by lawful authorities.
It is our policy not to sell specific data. Although overall
analysis may enter the public domain. It will never be presented in such a way
that individuals or their behaviour can be identified.
For your protection Greenwich 2000 Limited is registered
under the Data Protection Act of the United Kingdom. Registration number:
Greenwich 2000 works with various third-party services